This shot started with an idea I had in work a few weeks back and took a few weekends to put together. The main work was in trying to find an origami butterfly design that I liked and that wasn’t too complicated and time-consuming to create. After a few failed attempts with other designs I finally happened upon the one you see in the photo below; more realistic than others I tried and very easy to accomplish. After creating fifty of these butterflies in all sizes last weekend, it was time to put the shot together yesterday. After some trial and error, adding and removing additional accessories and a number of different coloured backgrounds I ended up with a shot I quite like.